Headache Remedies

Today I'm going to talk all about headache remedies. If you are anything like me, you get these suckers quite often. Although avoiding headaches all together is the more desired option, it isn't always the case that you can avoid one. The remedies below are for those times.

Tiger Balm
  1. Rest - Now I realize this probably seems obvious, however we often don't give ourselves the rest that our bodies need. Headaches occur due to a great number of factors and although rest may not completely get rid of your problem, it will often help diminish it. My headaches usually arise due to tension. These tension headaches leave me feeling physically and mentally weak for hours at a time and usually don't go away until I sleep and wake up.

  2. White Monkey Holding a Peach
  3. Balsam - This is my favorite and go to remedy for headaches. For this remedy, you will need a balsam of your choice. Some brands of balsam I recommend are Tiger Balm, Monkey Holding a Peach, or Rosebud Menthol and Eucalyptus. These balms are useful for a variety of things, most people know Tiger Balm to be useful for muscle aches. These balms have a strong scent, much like Vicks Vapor Rub. I always like to keep balsam in my purse for those pesky headaches; White Monkey Holding a Peach is perfect for this because it is very compact. If you live in LA, you can head to Chinatown and you'll be sure to find all sorts of balsams. I found my White Monkey Holding a Peach at Wing Hop Fung in Los Angeles. You can find Tiger Balm in various stores such as Whole Foods however they tend to be more expensive. You can also find balsams online. Just note that some of these balms (like Tiger Balm) contain petroleum jelly (more info in future post) which may be something you want to avoid. On the plus side, there are so many of these balsams out there that you can definitely find one without the petroleum jelly if you prefer.
  4. Rosebud Menthol and Eucalyptus
  5. Sliced potatoes - This is an old remedy that my momma taught me and it is surprisingly effective. For this you will need a freshly peeled potato and a bandana. First you loosely tie the bandana around your head. Then slice the peeled potato in about quarter inch pieces. Then take these pieces and slide them into the bandana. I recommend you then go and rest in a nice dark room and let the potato work its magic. I'm honestly not sure why this potato remedy works (no sufficient research) however I do know that it is an Old Irish folk remedy and that people definitely have had successful results from this remedy, myself included!

  6. Potatoes

  7. Massage - If you are experiencing a tension headache, have someone massage your shoulders or neck or massage your own. This helps relieve the tension that often travels down the neck and into the shoulders and causes all that tension. I like to take some balsam, warm it up between my fingers, then massage my shoulders and neck and also around my ears. The balsam helps relax the muscles. After massaging, make sure to use a scarf, sweater, or blanket to cover your neck and shoulders. Keeping this area warm also helps relieve the tension. Leaving it exposed to the cold will cause your muscles to tense up more which will lead to more tension.
  8. Tips to avoid headaches:
    1. Relax - Often our headaches are due to stress, so give yourself a break! Just put everything aside and take time for yourself. Do something that calms and puts you at ease. Read a book, do yoga, meditate, or sleep. Whatever it may be, give yourself that break every once in a while to keep your mind fresh.
    2. Breathing - Take long, slow breaths to help you relax. Focus on inhaling slowly, then exhaling slowly. Pay attention to how your body relaxes as you exhale. Also pay attention to your shoulders tensing up; I often find that my shoulders become very tense, with deep breathing I also make sure to relax my shoulders.
    3. Stretching - This is again directed towards tension headaches and muscle strain the the shoulders and neck. Loosen up your shoulders by rolling them forward then back. Gently turn your head from side to side, raise your arms above your head and stretch. All of this will aid in relaxing your muscles.
    4. Water - Drink lots of water throughout the day. A common contributor to headaches is dehydration. By staying hydrated throughout the day, you remove the possibility of suffering from a headache later on!
    5. Sleep - Don't sleep too little and don't oversleep! Both of these will become an immediate factor in getting a headache. Make sure to get a sufficient amount of sleep each night.
    6. Eat - Make sure to listen to your body when you are hungry and eat. Skipping meals can result in low blood-sugar and dehydration. By eating regular [healthy] meals, you remove the possibility of getting a headache due to these reasons.
What do you do to get rid of or prevent your headache without taking pain killers?

4 comments:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After having a persistent cough for over a year, I was diagnosed with COPD
      in March 2015. In 2016 my COPD got worse to the point where not only do I
      have trouble sleeping at night, I also struggle to get air into my lungs. I
      read in a health forum of a herbal centre (native health clinic) who have successful treatment to COPD/Emphysema, i immediately
      contacted the herbal centre via their website and purchased the COPD herbal
      remedy, I used the remedy for 2 weeks, all my symptoms were reversed, i did
      another test for confirmation, i was declared COPD free. email (
      nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp/Call him on +2348140073965

      Delete
  2. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of
    breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her
    to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to
    the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady
    called peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a
    herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the
    herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him
    my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be
    cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that
    I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how
    can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me
    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for
    the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier
    service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week
    complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not
    knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the
    miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the
    herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he
    didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him
    and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if
    you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from
    the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him
    +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the
    problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me
    davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I’m Martin Reed,if you are ready to get a loan contact.Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com,WhatsApp:+1 989-394-3740 I’m giving credit to Le_Meridian Funding Service .They grant me the sum 2,000,000.00 Euro. within 5 working days. Le_Meridian Funding Service  is a  group investors into pure loan and debt financing at the  returns of 1.9% to pay off your bills or buy a home Or Increase your Business. please I advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of repaying back at the due time of funds.

    ReplyDelete