Today I'm going to give you guys my recipe for a homemade brightening face mask. This creates a very gentle mask which you can use on a daily basis. Pomegranate juice is rich in vitamin C which is essential in producing collagen (which keeps the skin youthful). It is rich in antioxidants and has sun protection qualities. This is a great mask which you can make in the comforts of your kitchen!
- 1 tsp. of fresh pomegranate juice
- 1 tbs. of honey
- small container
- a spoon
- brush (optional)
- The first step is to peel and seed your pomegranate. Make sure to use fresh pomegranate juice and not store bought juice like Pom. You only need the smallest amount for this recipe so just eat the rest of the pomegranate seeds! I like to use a lemon squeezer like this but you can pretty much use anything. Once you have about a teaspoon of pomegranate juice, put it in your small container.
- You want to use about a tablespoon of honey for this next step. You can pretty much use any honey for this but if you have organic, raw, or manuka honey, that would be even better! My honey was very runny so my mask ended up being thin however if you use raw honey, it would be thicker.
- Simply mix your two ingredients together in the small container then apply a thin layer to your entire face (leaving out your eye area and lips). I like to use a foundation brush like this one because it keeps my hands from being sticky.
- Once I apply a thin layer, I let it sit for a couple minutes then I go back in and apply another layer. I leave this on for about 10-20 minutes then wash it off with warm water. I then blot my face with a clean towel and apply my moisturizer.
Let me know what you think of this mask and how it worked for you!