Healthy Hands and Housework

If you are anything like me, you suffer from dry hands. Housework likes to magnify this problem. Below I have a few simple tips to keep your hands in a healthy condition while doing chores around the house.
  • Buy a pair of gloves. This was a step I always neglected but have found to be really helpful! It not only protects your hands from drying out because of dish soap, but it also protects your nail polish from chipping. I bought my gloves for about $6 at Marshalls.
  • Use olive oil to moisturize your hands before wearing gloves. Before washing dishes, I take about a teaspoon of olive oil and generously massage it into my hands and nails, I then slip my hands into my gloves and start kitchen duty! The oil keeps your hands [naturally] moisturized and also repels water that may find its way into your gloves.
  • Use oils to hydrate your skin. I like sweet jojoba oil, olive oil, and sweet almond oil. These can be purchased either at your local grocery store or at a health food store. Jojoba oil is very similar to our skins own oil (sebum) so it absorbs it right away. Just make sure not to use oils right before using your computer or phone!
  • Drink an adequate amount of water. Regardless of how much you moisturize your skin, it will not benefit you unless you keep yourself hydrated from the inside out.
I hope these few simple tips keep your hands healthier as the colder months come along. How do you keep your hands hydrated and moisturized?

No comments:

Post a Comment